1. Policy Summary
Data Protection Officer, Pratham UK
483 Green Lanes
Telephone: 020 805 05935
2. Who We Are
Pratham is India’s largest education NGO, seeking to improve the quality of education and learning levels across India. Pratham UK is a registered UK charity (number 1099386) and operates as Pratham’s fundraising and awareness raising arm in the UK. Pratham also has offices in India, the USA and Sweden.
3. Your Personal Data
a. Information we collect and how we use that information
Our online and offline registration and donation forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, address, phone number, interests and similar information. We will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise reveal this information to a third party or send you mailings on behalf of other organisations. Personally identifiable information is stored in our password-protected database and is not publicly accessible. We do not request or store sensitive information such as credit card numbers.
b. How we use it and why
When you provide your information to us, we will only use the information for the purposes for which it is provided, for any compatible purposes and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations unless you have agreed for your data to be used for other purposes.
Uses for your information include:
● To spread awareness of upcoming events related to Pratham UK and our work on the ground in India.
● To invite people to visit our website and to donate to our cause.
● Providing any information or services you have requested.
● Keeping a record of any communications or interactions with us to create a profile of what may interest you so that we can offer you relevant communications.
● Processing financial transactions such as donations or registration payments. This includes processing Gift Aid with HMRC if applicable.
● Responding to complaints or queries.
● Applying for employment
c. How do we keep your data secure
All information provided to Pratham UK is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure platform that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Pratham UK. However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information by following internal policies of best practice and staff training, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security, we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we shall also inform you.
d. Use of “Cookies”
e. Internet protocol address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet, We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyse trends, track users’ movements, gather broad demographic information for aggrege use in order to improve our Site and deliver customised, personalised content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
f. How long do we store your information
g. Who do we share your information with
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
We may also share your information with other third parties who process data on our behalf, but only where we place obligations on them in relation to the security of the data and require them to use the data only as we instruct. This includes service providers who handle support as necessary for the technical or administrative provision of services.
h. Other websites
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Pratham UK has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different to ours.
i. Sharing data outside the EU
In some cases, Pratham UK may transfer your personal data to third-party service providers who are located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We will take all measures to ensure that proper safeguards are in place to match EU Data Protection standards. Parties include the following, both of which are compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework:
4. Your Rights And Accessing Your Data
a. Accessing your data
You have the right to access the personal information we hold. To make a request, please contact us at: DPO@pratham.org.uk
b. Correcting, deleting or restricting data
You hold the following rights, if you would like to implement any of these rights, please
contact us at: DPO@pratham.org.uk.
● You have the right to request us to correct, erase, or supplement any information you have provided to us in the past.
● You have the right to request that Pratham UK refrains from processing your data if you feel it is inaccurate, processing it is unlawful, or you believe Pratham UK does not need to hold the data anymore.
● You have the right to refuse to provide personal data to Pratham UK. If you exercise this right, you must acknowledge that it will no longer be possible to provide you with certain services.
● In cases where the collection of personal data is based on previously received consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time and without reason. Please be aware that certain communications materials or activities may already be deployed by the time withdrawal occurs.
● If you have registered to receive communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name and contact information removed from our distribution lists.